Thursday 10 May 2012

Jessica Sanchez - And I'm Telling You I'm Not The Only One HD Quality Video 2012 American Idol





Jessica Sanchez is like a gymnast always pursuing the toughest possible routine. A few weeks back, she covered Whitney Houston’s version of “I Will Always Love You,” one of the toughest, showiest songs in history to pull off. The consensus: excellent!

Last week, she attempted Tina Turner’s “‘Proud Mary.” Consensus: more miss, than hit. Tonight, she not only covered an Etta James song with plaudits, but then tackled the ultimate in “Look at me! I’m a singer!” song: “And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going.” This teen’s got gumption! From a technical standpoint, she was spot on.

"American Idol," the final four were tasked with performing California-themed songs and personal faves they wished they'd written. 16-year-old contestant Jessica Sanchez took on two classic singers: Etta James ("Steal Away,") and Jennifer Holiday ("And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going").

While the part-Mexican, part-Filipina singer sang the first song beautifully (the gorgeous runs in her voice were the perfect fit for the blues song!), it was Jessica's second performance of "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going," that showed off her phenomenal vocal range and solidified her frontrunner status in the competition.

Judge Jennifer Lopez raved about the explosive performance, saying: "This is crazy. With a performance like that, there's nothing to say. Your vocal ability, it's not something you see all the time."


1 comment:

  1. You are the best singer i have ever heard since American Idol started. Great voice, great style.
    I just can't stop listening. You are gifted! OMG!!! Soooo good,sooooo good, sooooo good!!! God bless you Jessica! you are the winner of this season.

    ReplyDelete

Weekly Popular Posts

ShareThis